Thursday, November 20, 2014

Chapter Nineteen - Vocabulary

1. jeopardize
For two tributes to have a shot at winning, our "romance" must be so popular with the audience that condemning it would jeopardize the success of the Games.

2. domain
I feel almost certain that the person she ran from was Thresh and that is his domain.

3. ambush
I do sleep, but in the morning I'm extra cautious, thinking that while the Careers might hesitate to attack me in a tree, they're completely capable of setting an ambush for me.

4. navigate
In fact, I've just about decided I'm on the wrong track entirely, that a wounded boy would be unable to navigate getting to and from this water source, when I see the bloody streak going down the curve of a boulder.

5. lethal
"You know, you're kind of squeamish for such a lethal person," says Peeta as I beat the shorts clean between two rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment